Internships and Volunteers
If you are interested in an internship or volunteering, please send an e-mail and a copy of your resume to.
No calls please.
1000 Friends of Maryland has been the voice for smarter growth since 1994. The organization advocates for a more environmentally and economically sustainable future that creates opportunities for all Marylanders through better development patterns.
The current strategic plan includes five strategies:
- Improve state and local planning to better create places that are economically vibrant, socially equitable and environmentally sustainable.
- Create, inform and advocate for changes that create improved opportunity, social equity and justice though smarter development and transportation decisions.
- Strengthen rural economies and protect open space to reduce development pressure on critical lands.
- Educate, support and celebrate smart growth champions in the private sector, government and non-profit community.
- Build a strong, effective organization to accomplish our goals.
The President/Executive Director will assume responsibilities for day-to-day management, fundraising and policy strategy. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works with them to ensure the financial stability and growth of the organization.
Ideal start date is the beginning of November, 2017