1000 Friends of Maryland advocates for a more environmentally and economically sustainable future that creates opportunities for all Marylanders through better development patterns. We work to restore vibrant cities and towns, protect Maryland’s natural areas and open spaces, and improve public transportation through meaningful public participation, education, research and advocacy.
We seek an associate to be a pivotal person in our small non-profit office. We offer competitive compensation and a flexible schedule working 30 hours per week. This position combines many responsibilities and career growth opportunities ranging from helping manage the office, to participating in core activities of fundraising, communication, and programmatic tasks. Candidates must be highly skilled with 5+ years of professional work experience, detail oriented and flexible with work schedule that can at times include evening and weekend events. At all times, the candidate must present themselves professionally within the office and with clients who can include elected officials, community members, businesses and other non-profits. The position reports to the Executive Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with organization principals on core program matters
- Be able to independently research and analyze information as directed by principals
- Draft and edit reports, and presentations as needed by principals
- Attend Board Meetings and take minutes
- Maintain our database supported by EveryAction
- Membership gift processing – data entry, acknowledgement letter preparation
- Filing of donation records, donor research, etc.
- Coordinating mailings and printing jobs
Event and Communication Coordination
- Logistical management for events including forums and annual major event
- Coordinate updates of website, Linkedin and facebook
- Media tracking and maintain press contact list
- Answer phones and direct calls, and general office upkeep
- Responsible for office machines, systems and supplies
- Support Bookeeper monthly billing and reconciliation activities
- Literate in the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong people and organizational skills
- Top notch attention to detail
- Website and social media management experience
- Able to walk up and down 3 flights of stairs